FACT will provide ADA complementary paratransit service to visitors. The visitor can present documentation from his or her home jurisdiction’s paratransit system that he or she is eligible. FACT will give full faith and credit to the identification card or other documentation from the other entity. OR the visitor can present proof of a disability. Once the documentation is presented and is satisfactory, FACT will make service available. Visitors will receive 21 days of service within a 365 day period. If service is needed beyond 21 days, the visitor may apply for eligibility in the FACT ADA program.
FACT buses are accessible to persons with disabilities. However, if your disability prevents you from getting to the bus stop and you live within ¾ of a mile of the bus route, FACT can provide curb-to-curb service. If passenger needs assistance from the vehicle to the first doorway, FACT will provide door-to-door service upon receiving proper documentation. Accessible fixed-route bus service is available during the same hours that public transit is available. Contact the FACT office at 724-628-7433
to register for ADA service. Fares are based on one-way trips and range from $1.90 - $3.70.
|||Personal Care Attendants are allowed to ride free. Companions may ride at the same fare (twice the regular fixed route fare)|
|||You need to call one day before the day you wish to travel.|
|||Pittsburgh Commuter Route is exempt from ADA complementary paratransit service.|
Boarding A Lift Bus
- FACT vehicles can accommodate wheelchairs measuring 30” x 48” and weighing up to 600 pounds when occupied.
- For ADA Paratransit Service, you should be ready 30 minutes prior to your negotiated pickup time.
- When the bus arrives, please wait approximately 5 feet, or a reasonable safe distance away from the door so that the lift can be deployed.
- When the lift is deployed, move your wheelchair onto the platform backwards, unless otherwise authorized. Lock your brakes, if you are using a motorized wheelchair, shut off the power to the control.
- When the lift platform is level with the bus floor, back onto the bus, give the correct fare to the operator and tell the operator your destination.
- If you are using a motorized wheelchair, and need the operator to assist you, please disengage your clutch; continue to one of the two tie-down locations. Be careful moving between passengers in the aisle.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Fayette Area Coordinated Transportation operates all of its transportation programs without regard to race, color, and national origin.
For additional information, complaint procedures, or complaint forms please contact our office in person at 825 Airport Road, Lemont Furnace, PA 15456.
Complaints may also be filed by phone at 724-628-7433
or here on our website.
Additionally, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender or disability.
FACT ADA Eligibility Appeal Process
Since ADA paratransit eligibility is established as a civil right, methods are in place to ensure that "due process" is observed. Federal regulations state that the administrative appeal process is intended to give applicants who have been denied eligibility, or who have been deemed conditionally eligible, the opportunity to have their case heard by a panel independent of the transit authority or initial decision maker.
The right to appeal is as follows:
REQUESTS FOR APPEAL SHOULD BE MADE IN WRITING TO:
- Applicants have 60 days from the date of the eligibility determination letter to appeal the decision in writing to the FACT.
- Prior to the hearing, the applicant's eligibility status remains unchanged from the original FACT determination.
- Appeals will be heard by a panel independent from the FACT.
- Applicants will have the right to speak in person on their own behalf and/or have others represent them at appeal proceedings.
- Applicants will have the right to necessary support, such as an interpreter, if requested in the appeal letter.
- The determination resulting from the appeal will be made in writing within 30 days and will state the reason(s) for the decision. If a decision is not made within 30 days of the date of appeal, full eligibility will be given until a decision is made.
- Applicants may reapply for service at any time if there is a change in their functional mobility.
Lori Groover-Smith, Director
Fayette Area Coordinated Transportation
825 Airport Road
Lemont Furnace, PA 15456